I am physician emeritus at our practice after caring for patients in our community for many years.
It has been my great privilege to practice internal medicine in the Washington, D.C. area, where I was born and raised. In recent years I have limited the number of patients I see, which enables me to spend more time with each individual in the manner in which I was trained.
With an emphasis on prevention and early detection, a thorough ninety-minute physical with detailed blood testing allows me to formulate a comprehensive plan with my patients. A detailed report outlining the details of this plan is provided to each patient. With a controlled number of patients, I am able to see individuals for problems as needed, and I am available after hours by cell phone for any urgent health concerns.
Especially in today’s complex health care environment, I believe a physician advocate who knows the patient completely is the best way for us to navigate our way through the system. I am now able to do this with the SignatureMD program. I am proud to be a third generation internist, and I continue to enjoy the satisfaction of the doctor-patient relationship on a daily basis.
- Georgetown University Medical School, Washington, DC, Doctorate of Medicine 1976
- Georgetown VA Program, Washington, DC, Internal Medicine 1977-1979
- Boston College, Boston, MA, Bachelor of Science, Biology, Magna Cum Laude 1972
- Sibley Memorial Hospital, Washington DC
- American College of Physicians
- American Society of Internal Medicine
- Georgetown Clinical Society Fellow, Past President 1989-1990
- District of Columbia Medical Society, Board of Trustees 1991-1993
- Georgetown University Hospital Board of Directors, 2001-2003
- Sibley Medical Association, Past President 2003-2004
HONORS & AWARDS
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society, Georgetown University
- Outstanding Attending of the Year Award, Georgetown University Hospital 1987
- Ranked Top Internist: Washingtonian Magazine, Best Doctors in America, Washington Consumer Checkbook, Vitals Top Ten Doctors
- John Carroll Society
- Knight of Saint Gregory
For more information about Dr. Nealon’s personalized care program, visit www.signaturemd.com/