It has been my great privilege to practice internal medicine in the Washington, D.C. area, where I was born and raised. In recent years I have limited the number of patients I see, which enables me to spend more time with each individual in the manner in which I was trained.
With an emphasis on prevention and early detection, a thorough ninety-minute physical with detailed blood testing allows me to formulate a comprehensive plan with my patients. A detailed report outlining the details of this plan is provided to each patient. With a controlled number of patients, I am able to see individuals for problems as needed, and I am available after hours by cell phone for any urgent health concerns.
Especially in today’s complex health care environment, I believe a physician advocate who knows the patient completely is the best way for us to navigate our way through the system. I am now able to do this with the SignatureMD program. I am proud to be a third generation internist, and I continue to enjoy the satisfaction of the doctor-patient relationship on a daily basis.
- Georgetown University Medical School, Washington, DC, Doctorate of Medicine 1976
- Georgetown VA Program, Washington, DC, Internal Medicine 1977-1979
- Boston College, Boston, MA, Bachelor of Science, Biology, Magna Cum Laude 1972
- Sibley Memorial Hospital, Washington DC
- American College of Physicians
- American Society of Internal Medicine
- Georgetown Clinical Society Fellow, Past President 1989-1990
- District of Columbia Medical Society, Board of Trustees 1991-1993
- Georgetown University Hospital Board of Directors, 2001-2003
- Sibley Medical Association, Past President 2003-2004
HONORS & AWARDS
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society, Georgetown University
- Outstanding Attending of the Year Award, Georgetown University Hospital 1987
- Ranked Top Internist: Washingtonian Magazine, Best Doctors in America, Washington Consumer Checkbook, Vitals Top Ten Doctors
- John Carroll Society
- Knight of Saint Gregory
For more information about Dr. Nealon’s personalized care program, visit www.signaturemd.com/nealon