Hello, and welcome to our website. I spent the first 25 years of our medical careers working in the traditional high-volume group practice environment. This was not working well for our patients or us. The missing ingredient was time. I have always enjoyed spending time with my patients. This allows me to get to know them and is critical to being able to hear and understand what they are saying. An unhurried exam is essential in helping diagnose a problem and formulating a plan. Time is absolutely necessary in a preventive care setting, allowing for a discussion of questions and concerns, education, and formulation of a preventive care plan.
Our practice model allows me to restrict the number of patients I care for. This is the foundation upon which I am able to provide my patients with the best care possible
An unhurried appointment enables me to listen to you and combine my experience, knowledge, and technical ability, resulting in personalized care with optimal results.
All individuals who join our practice have provided to them a one and a half hour, thorough annual exam at no additional cost. This exam includes an extremely comprehensive blood screening, a hearing test, breathing test and electrocardiogram, ultrasound screening of the heart, kidneys, liver, gall bladder, aorta and bladder, plus a body composition analysis. This is followed up with a personalized letter designed to summarize your medical history, medicines, allergies, and discusses your ongoing concerns. This summary concludes with recommendations to help optimize your health for the coming year. This is provided to you in hard copy as well as on a flash drive should you desire.
- Georgetown University, Washington, DC, Doctorate of Medicine 1976
- Georgetown, Veterans Administration Medical Center, Washington, D.C. 1976-1979
- Chief Medical Resident 1980
- University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA
- Bachelor of Science, Biology 1972
- Sibley Memorial Hospital
PROFESSIONAL SOCIETY MEMBERSHIPS
- American Medical Association
HONORS & AWARDS
- Top Rated, Consumer Checkbook
- Top Doctors in Washington, Washingtonian magazine
- Top Internists, Bethesda Magazine
- Top Primary Care Physician, Town and Country magazine
- Best Doctors® in America 1996-2002, 2005-2013
- Washington Post Super Doctors 2013
- American Board of Internal Medicine
For more information about Dr. Blee’s personalized care program, visit www.signaturemd.com